Monday, February 8, 2010

The next stage

Technology is certainly changing and just when I think I have a handle on one thing another pops up that has great potential. This certainly come under the category of lifelong learning.
Knowing about a technology is one thing - I have found that the best way to learn is to actually participate and use the technology. When I went away on long service leave I created a blog so people at home could follow my adventure and I could even download a photo or two - gone are the days of just sending a postcard. The laptop is now almost a required travel accessory. I found the blog to be very useful for this and had positive comments from friends.
Unfortunately the blog I created for work did not have the same success - and in redeveloping our website we are even ditching the blog for other technologies. We will have to wait and see how this all develops.

No comments: