Thursday, March 13, 2008

Week 3

I have had a browse through Flickr - what a huge database of photographs - 4,000 loaded in the last minute - the mind boggles.
I did a search for our library building and discovered some great photographs. It is quite architecturally beautiful - something I don't always appreciate - coming to work each day and taking it for granted.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/waggajake/54220253/ - take a look at this plus others tagged Civic centre - we really do work in pleasant surroundings.

I guess my only concern with Flickr is the misuse of the photographer's rights. It will be interesting to see how copyright is handled as all this technology continues to grow.

3 comments:

Riverina Librarian said...

I agree. There are so many people who believe that if a person uploads any material to the web then the owner has given up any ownership rights. This is not correct. Also, a lot of the time ownership can't be tracked because the actual work has been used countless times without acknowleding the owner.

pls@slnsw said...

Dear Cynthia

It is good to sit back for a minute and reflect on how our workplaces look to others. And you're right - Wagga looks great in those shots.

Victoria

Amy said...

Do people put their photos on Flickr if they don't want people to use them? I'm not sure. It is a photo sharing site. Copyright is very tricky. The photo I put on my blog is my brothers so I know he won't mind.